Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5 has gone by

Hey Everyone! Well it's the end of the 5th day now and I haven't given up yet. I think my body is finally starting to adjust to the massive change in food I'm feeding it.

At work on Monday, one of my many bosses called me into the conference room to go over a new project. While he was talking to me, I started having an almost out-of-body experience. It was difficult to focus but I pulled together and got most of what he said I hope. I think maybe a lack of sugar caused this and hopefully it doesn't happen again. The rest of the day went pretty smooth.

Monday's breakfast was 2 clementines and a banana. I had leftover whole wheat pasta for lunch and fixed an awesome salad for dinner.



The salad was made up of organic salad mix, avocado, carrots, walnuts, cucumbers, onions and fresh spinach. So good!

I woke up Tuesday morning and had enough time to make a real breakfast. I filled up a bowl with rolled oats, chopped up a banana, added some flax seeds and walnuts and poured on some almond milk (that takes some getting used to) to finish it off. And of course I had a couple clementines.



Tuesday was great! I've never been so awake at work before. 11:00 rolled around and I realized I hadn't even had a cup of coffee yet. I'm used to drinking up to four cups of it before noon then staying wired for the rest of the day but there was no need today. I didn't get any extra sleep (I average about 5-6 hours per night) so all this food I'm eating as part of the Engine 2 diet must be giving me more energy and in only 5 days.


Tell a Friend

2 comments:

  1. Maybe add a bit more food or a snack of fruit & nuts in the middle of the day. Might help with the spacey feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good point - Rick may have just needed a snack to stabilize his blood sugar. It could also be related to his caffeine addiction or changes in sleep. It could also be related to the massive amount of detoxifying his body is going through as well.

    ReplyDelete